Sunday, March 21, 2010

TROOP TALES

Why am I doing this--

Practically,the whole of my family,has had a love affair with the uniform for decades.
From being a part of the British Indian Army extending to flying fancy planes for the forces. Giving away their daughters to the men who do the above. Sending away their own daughters to adorn the wonderful greens and blues.

Anyhow,as a consequence to everyone being somehow related to the uniform,I have had the pleasure to travel in all directions and make "fauji friends" and hear about their adventures and mis adventures.

That just leaves me.I have successfully managed to fight off the pressure and give the road extensively traveled--a miss.Blame it on the sloppy habits. yaawn.
But since the Uniform and its stories are so close to my heart..I have.. LO BEHOLD, decided to share it with the world.

This section of my blog is dedicated to my family and friends.
Actually its meant to be a democratic blog.. he he..by,of and for them. For starters,the stories are borrowed except for the ones where I write out of my own experiences. These are the repeated stories I have heard over and over again at the numerous dinner and cocktails.
So, this is real life drama in a soldier and his family's life which is filled with laughter,love,bravery and a few tears.

1 comment:

  1. hey it sounds interesting... looking forward to read some real stuff from you... anyhow you are a good story teler :)

    ReplyDelete